Friday, July 2, 2010

La Push - Beach 2


I was really tired. Matt and I had already walked two trails at the rain forest, and walked almost the whole beach at La Push 1, which is small stones and hard to walk on.... So I said Matt lets take the short trail to Push 2... it was a 20 minute walk up hills and down... and then down and down and down with small glimpses of the beach.


The beach was breathtaking worth the walk to get here....


As a matter of fact, once I saw this... the magic of nature took over and I had all kinds of energy.


Again we had to walk over the piled up logs to get to the beach.


But oh what a beach...


Here is some of the piled up wood.


There were only about five of us on this beach... and the wind was down, the rain had stopped... and the sky unbelievable.


I could not capture the waves, crashing up on the stones. So I set my camera on sport mode and just clicked away to capture this wave crashing.


Here is another....


and again in the hole in the wall.


There was something about the light... and the sky that make these some of the best photos I have ever taken in my life. We walked the beach for at least another hour enjoying the magic.

See how great the light is... and the reflecting the stones in the wet sand.


Hmmmm


Matt against the rocks.


A piece of seaweed.


Me with my hood up. When I first saw this photo I was wondering who that was...but it is me with a sweater and my new coat on with the hood up. It was still kind of chilly.

Then there was this goofie bird taking a bath... I tried to photo graph him... but had to but my sport mode on to get these photos.


Same bird...

Isn't this beautiful?


And this...


Look at that day light... wow....


Nature is amazing when it grows trees on rocks


See...

Washed up log, with rock and trees...


Amazing beach. Amazing rocks, amazing sky...






On the walk back... we had to go back up all those stairs... but saw this cool tree.


On the road away from La Push was this cool farm.

And another beach south to Queets. Sun was finally out...



Ah a better picture of me...



Beautiful...



There were little jewels to photograph too.


I love the delicacy of the freshly opened ferns with their little curly cues at the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment